Phillies makes the final push of the Playoffs Bath vs. Cubs | WGN Radio 720

Posted: Posted Has been updated:

The Philadelphia Phillies still have time to catch up and win the first playoff berth since 2011.

But I’m running out of time.

With only 19 games left, Phillies took first place in the National League East, four and a half games behind the Atlanta Braves.

Phillies (72-71) is also the 2.5 game behind the second NL wildcard San Diego Padres and Cincinnati Reds.

“You’re still looking at the department,” said Phillies manager Joe Girardi. “But the bottom line is that we have to win the game. We have to win the game and we have to play better.”

The Phillies, who host the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday, haven’t played well these days as they dropped two out of three to Milwaukee Brewers and three out of four to the Colorado Rockies.

“It’s about time,” said JT Realmuto, who hit three times on Sunday. “I have no more time to waste. I can’t create any more split series and I’ll lose the series. I have to go. I have to win every series for the rest of the season. To catch the Braves , You need to sweep some of them. They will play well at once. They always do. We have to do a better job. Sit down and play .500 baseball. , You can’t expect them to come back to us. “

Phillies hands the ball to right-handed Kyle Gibson. Kyle Gibson has an ERA of 3.38, which is 10-6. Gibson made one start in his career with Chicago and in 2015 gave up two runs in six innings.

Gibson struggled in the last two starts, allowing 15 hits and 11 runs.

The Lille Cubs (65-79) appear to rebound after a tough three-game series attacked by the San Francisco Giants.

The Cubs fell 6-5 on Sunday.

Chicago can be comforted by the fact that Ian Happ played 2-5 and seemed to find his rhythm on Sunday.

“Just talking to him and knowing him for a while, he really cares about on-base percentage and walks,” said Cubs manager David Ross. “And can you find perfect pitch and get to the space where you want to swing on every strike?

“I think the spirit that most batter coaches tell you is probably not the opposite, but something like” swing, swing, swing, and shut it down. ” I just see someone whose bat has been in the zone for a long time and he is using all the fields. He is on the rhythm. He is aggressive right from the shoot. I’m not trying to increase the size. “

Right-handed pitcher Adrian Sampson (0-2, 2.20 ERA) will start for the Cubs. Sampson has never faced the Phillies.

The adjustment of Sampson from the bullpen to the start rotation was impressive. It is not easy.

“That is, it’s not a new territory because I’ve done this before,” Sampson said. “But it’s also difficult on a daily basis. But they gave me enough time to prepare, and after my last rescue outing, they allowed me to do this. I raised my head a bit that it might be sexual, so I moved to starter mentality, finished my work in between outings and kept it normal. “

– Field level media

Phillies makes the final push of the Playoffs Bath vs. Cubs | WGN Radio 720

Source link Phillies makes the final push of the Playoffs Bath vs. Cubs | WGN Radio 720

The post Phillies makes the final push of the Playoffs Bath vs. Cubs | WGN Radio 720 appeared first on Illinois News Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment