Salma Hayek felt like a mom on the “Eternals” set | WGN Radio 720

New York (AP) — Salma Hayek laughs when asked if she’s ever felt like a group mom on the “Eternals” set.

“Yes, because everyone told me about their problems … and I loved it,” says a Mexican actor who plays the patriarch of the new Marvel movie superhero at the age of 55. ..

And as a sample, she said she had “thousands” of anecdotes.

“For example, Barry (Keoghan), who plays the role of Druig, suffers from dyslexia like me and came to my trailer every day, where I sat down with him and we laughed a lot. It was like doing homework with my kid, “Hayek said in Spanish in a recent video interview from London. “He is much younger than me and is another actor with dyslexia.”

Academy Award-winning director Chloe Zhao’s “Eternals” will be unveiled at the theater on Friday.

The film follows a group of superhuman and immortal beings who have lived secretly on Earth for thousands of years and have now gathered to fight the evil deviants, a fictional race of humanoids. The cast includes Angelina Jolie, Kumail Nanjani, Richard Madden, Gemma Chan, and Lauren Ridlov, the first hearing-impaired person to play a superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

As a superpower healing Ajak, Hayek is directly associated with Celestial, a race of ancient beings with enormous abilities to manipulate matter and energy, and sent eternals on a mission to Earth. Is the only character.

An actor who experienced CGI in Robert Rodriguez’s “Spy Kids” movie said he was surprised that Zhao’s movie used very little technology. Director “Nomadland” is known for her pretty natural style.

“Usually they don’t use the place (in the case of superhero movies). All the landscapes will be done later using a computer. We shot in the Canary Islands and here in the UK, but I did it I loved it. I felt everything was very organic, “she said, saying that her CGI scene was only the scene where she talked to celestial bodies.

“I can see the cross on the green wall, but the thousands of extensions are heavy and I have it on my head, so I ended up with a pain in my neck … but I only did it a few times.”

In fact, one of her biggest challenges was related to costumes. In addition to the headdresses and extensions, some of the suits were so tight that getting just a few pounds could be a problem.

“I was scared because it took me five months to shoot. I didn’t go every day, but it was five months when I gained weight, and I tend to be like this,” she said by hand. Say while making waves. “I said,’Oh, I won’t be able to gain or lose weight for those suits.'”

“I was absolutely right!” She added with a laugh. “After the pandemic, I had to take a few more shots and the suit didn’t fit anymore! It was really traumatic, so it’s good that it was very small. Hey, that happened to many of us. “

“Eternals” is one of the four Hayek films released in 2021. The Oscar-nominated actress (“Frida” in 2002) will appear in “Bliss” and “Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard” this year, followed by “House of Gucci”. With Lady Gaga, Adam Driver, Jared Leto, Jeremy Irons and Al Pacino.

Of the four, only “Eternals” is directed by women.

“I’m very impressed with her,” she said with excitement about Zhao. “She’s very strong, she knows what she wants. Some people say,” Oh, but she made a very small movie, so how about such a big movie? You don’t know what to do with it. ” Well, she’s very technical, film-educated, understands both huge and personal … and she treats actors very well. “

Zhao confirmed that he would put together a less comprehensive cast. In addition to Haiek as Latina and Ridlov as the first hearing-impaired superhero, Black (Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos) and Asian actors (Makkari, Kingo, and Chan as Gilgamesh, respectively) in “Eternals” Nanjiani, Madon Suk) is appearing. Shows the first gay kiss in the Marvel movie.

Hayek commented that including a variety of casts “sometimes feels a bit brute force” but does not apply to “eternals.”

“She really does it from her gut because she naturally believes it, like everything Chloe does,” she said.

___

Follow Sigal Ratner-Arias on Twitter at https://twitter.com/sigalratner.



Salma Hayek felt like a mom on the “Eternals” set | WGN Radio 720

Source link Salma Hayek felt like a mom on the “Eternals” set | WGN Radio 720

The post Salma Hayek felt like a mom on the “Eternals” set | WGN Radio 720 appeared first on Illinois News Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment