Michael Constantine of “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” dies at age 94 | Nation

The Emmy Award-winning character actor Michael Constantine, who became world-famous for playing the bride’s Windex bottle torting father in the 2002 movie “My Big Fat Greek Wedding,” has passed away. He was 94 years old.

The family said Constantine died of natural causes at his home in Reading, Pennsylvania, on August 31. The news was confirmed by the Associated Press on Thursday by his agent, Julia Buchwald.

Constantine is “My Favorite Martian”, “Twilight Zone”, “Bonanza”, “Hero of Hogan”, “Dick Van Dyke Show”, “Fugitive”, “Quincy, Me”, “Love Boat”, “Remington” “Steel”, “MacGyver”, “Murderer, she wrote”. His big break was the principal of the racially diverse Los Angeles high school ABC comedy drama “Room 222,” which won an Emmy Award for his outstanding performance in 1970.

But as he is best known for his work in the indie comedy “My Big Fat Greek Wedding,” which focuses on middle-class Greek-American women who fall in love with upper-middle-class White Anglo-Saxon Protestants. became. Constantine replayed his role in the television series “My Big Fat Greek Life” and the 2016 movie “My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2”.

“My Big Fat Greek Wedding” has become the greatest romance comedy ever, with total domestic revenue of $ 241.4 million. It is based on the play of a woman by writer star Nia Vardalos, produced by Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson for only $ 5 million.

Michael Constantine of “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” dies at age 94 | Nation

Source link Michael Constantine of “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” dies at age 94 | Nation

The post Michael Constantine of “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” dies at age 94 | Nation appeared first on Illinois News Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment