Meek Mill’s “Expensive Pain” Is Expensive | National News

New York (AP) — Meek Mill is not behind the prison bar. He no longer has to check in to the parole. But despite this freedom, the rapper has not yet completely removed the invisible bond that is trapping him.

“I feel like I’ve been separated from the wild situation by hitting the wrong cop,” said 34-year-old rapper and social activist Robert Williams. “I’ve been on probation throughout my adult life, so it seems natural. If I say I’m completely free, I’ll lie.”

Along with the fear of betrayal and distrust created by his past ghosts, feelings of uncertainty were imprinted on his new album, Expensive Pain.

Staying true to his brand, Meek Mill’s latest project seeks to balance fame and wealth while suffering the emotional wounds of Philadelphia’s rough upbringing. Like most worthy, his success comes at a cost.

“In the hood, there was’pain of poverty’… When I turned to the street, I was 15 or 16 years old and I didn’t know what to eat at night and what to wear tomorrow. I left home. That’s why mom is working or dad is dead, “said Rapper, who was five years old when his dad was murdered. “This pain I’m suffering right now is like losing my family because I’m not letting people borrow money.”

“Expensive Pain” is Meek Mill’s first full-length since the 2018 Grammy-nominated “Championships,” announced seven months after the prison was released following a controversial ruling in 2017. It’s a project. Violation of technical probation Includes gun and drug possession cases 10 years ago. A Pennsylvania judge sentenced him to two to four years in prison, but the court ordered him to be released in April 2018.

On July 24, 2019, the Court of Appeals dismissed his conviction on allegations of the credibility of the arrested police officer. The following month, Meek Mill pleaed a misdemeanor in a transaction that settled his 2007 arrest and ended his legal problems with the criminal justice system. He is currently a judicial reform activist.

Meek Mill’s 18-track “Expensive Pain” features producers such as Boi-1da, Cardo, and in-house Dream Chasers producer Nick Papz, featuring the brightest young stars in hip-hop such as Lil Baby, Lil Uzi Vert, and Young. I’m proud. Thug, Lil Durk, R & B star Kehlani. Meek Mill is planning an “Expensive Pain: Meek Mill & Friends” concert at Madison Square Garden on October 23rd.

Known for its gritty lyrics and quick, aggressive rhyme delivery, Meek Mill is expanding its repertoire this time around. He tried melodic rap (the sound that currently dominates hip-hop) with songs such as “On My Soul,” “We Slide,” featuring Young Thug, and “Angels (RIP Lil Snupe),” and he was young. I took a page from a collaborator.

“Through the quarantine, I liked the vicious writer’s block because I was really uncomfortable trying new things every time I tried to go to the next level. And the melody was for all the young guys. It’s the lane we were in, “said Meek Mill, who revealed that he had practiced harmony for almost a year. “I went in there, tried myself, stuck to it, and created an extra lane for my style.”

Roc Nation executive Mike Brinkley says Meek Mill bridges the gap between older generation rap fans who focus on lyrics and writing and younger fans who tend to stick to the overall atmosphere of music. Says it is part of a few current artists who are well respected by.

“He can still get the respect of the old hip-hop generation, JAY-Z, Nace with his lyrical abilities, but will still be relevant and appealing to these young artists. “Brinkley said.

He did not abandon his expertise while Meek Mill held himself on a melodic rap.

Meek Mill, featuring up-and-coming R & B singer Brent Faiyaz, describes the juxtaposition of getting out of the poor community while family and friends remain. A block with something I think I forgot, Glocks how we stood in the corner with them. But when I get back to that corner, I’ll be shot in the box or robbed and I’ll disappear, “he rhymes.

“You live in so many traumas and you’re buried in them. You don’t even have a chance to really grow up and become the person you should be,” said Meek Mill about his hometown of Philadelphia. 499 people were killed in 2020.. “I see someone killed yesterday, you’re not going to think about it for a week … you’re going to think about it every day for about 12 years, and next week something else in your neighborhood If it happens, it will be piled up. “

But this fifth solo studio project isn’t the whole story of street life. After all, this is Meek Mill. There are many tracks like “Outside (100MPH)” and “Sharing Locations” featuring Lil Durk charted on Lil Baby and Billboard Global 200 to celebrate the joy of being one of the world’s biggest rap stars.

“Me (FWM)”, a sampling of Lil Jon’s “Bia’Bia” featuring Moneybagg Yo’s “Hot” and A $ AP Ferg’s outstanding poetry, is both club-friendly bounce tracks, and Kehlani’s “Ride for You” A soothing record that introduces the lost art of hip-hop and R & B duets.

Meek Mill, who politely requested a previous interview to take part in his first 10-year-old football game after a two-hour trek from New York to the South Jersey area, also has a small glimpse of his father’s life. .. He also has a one-year-old son.

In the title track of the album, he states: I buy — I order clothes from them. “

Regarding paternity, Meek said, “I grew up in a bad environment, but my son doesn’t have to experience it, and as you know, I take on teaching him to be better than me. It’s a responsibility .. For my son, his dad is on the road more, I and his mom are not together — we are not in the same household. He has the luxury of a complete family I can’t put it in, but he’s not going to live like me He’ll probably live 100 times better. “

In August, the “Dreams and Nightmares” rapper won the Nelson Mandela Changemaker Award. Co-chair with the REFORM Alliance. Jay-Z, Meek Mill, etc. were formed Simultaneous lobbying Changes to state probation and parole laws.

He may not have imagined that his own legal issues would drive him into social activity or seek the same type of neighborhood change he grew up in, but he did. I haven’t run away from work.

“He is as positive as he can and tries to exert positive influence without preaching,” Brinkley said. Seeing “he’s open”, I make mistakes every day. But see what I’m doing and try another method. “

If Meek Mill knew that he would experience prisons, poverty, and the trauma that accompanies it as a gateway to current success, would he pay for them?

“It’s not worth the money to see people die and develop PTSD from there,” Meek explained. “It happened to be a situation. I appreciate it, and it’s my life that made me to be me. But it’s not worth it.”

Follow Gary Gerard Hamilton on all social media using the handle (at) garyghamilton.

Copyright 2021 AP communication. all rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission.

Meek Mill’s “Expensive Pain” Is Expensive | National News

Source link Meek Mill’s “Expensive Pain” Is Expensive | National News

The post Meek Mill’s “Expensive Pain” Is Expensive | National News appeared first on Illinois News Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment